Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to the Grind

Well, I did it. I got up an hour early this morning, went on my run and then did my workout for the NAEB 30 Day Endurance Challenge. I must say I can already tell that I have more energy today and I was actually craving a healthy breakfast. I could get used to this feeling. I need to remember in the morning that I felt like this yesterday.

That's something I've learned this past week, motivation doesn't stick around long. You have to be constantly finding ways to keep yourself motivated until it becomes a habit. Until you are in the habit of doing something, you won't keep doing it without continuing to motivate yourself. So, I am setting goals and laying them out here for all of my readers. I don't think there are many of you right now but, I will know that there are readers and that someone out there is expecting me to reach these goals.

So, here they are, my 30, 60 and 90 Day Goals:


30 Day Goal: Participate in the NAEB 30 Day Endurance Challenge and keep up with it every day for 30 days.


60 Day Goal: Be able to run a 5K without stopping and in under 25 minutes


90 Day Goal: Complete another Visalus 90 Day Challenge without cheating :)




Now, if these goals become easy before the time is up to complete them they may be re-evaluated to add more to them to keep me motivated. But this is a great starting point for me.

If anyone is looking for a challenge to do with me let me know!!!!


1 comment:

  1. What an insight there on motivation. I used to run, but an injury sidelined me. Now I do bootcamps and weights.
    But I love your words there on how keeping yourself motivated until it becomes a habit. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete