Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's a Lifestyle

If there is one thing that Visalus/BodyByVi  has taught me over the past 4 months, it's that getting healthy, losing weight, keeping weight off, etc. is all a lifestyle change. There is no easy fix when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off. There is no quick fix, not miracle products, it's all about learning how to change your lifestyle.

I have made it a point to be healthier, I start everyday with a Vi-Shake which fills me up, replaces a meal and gives my body all the nutrients I need to make it through the day. For lunch, I have another Vi-Shake. At dinner, my husband and I have a healthy dinner. Generally that's chicken or fish and vegetables.

After work, I go for a run. Motivation doesn't last. I have to find new ways to motivate myself day after day after day. I can promise you I don't get home everyday thinking "Oh man! Let's go run! That sounds like fun!!!" No, it doesn't happen that way. Yes, I do enjoy my runs, once I actually go out and start running. But when I get home and my couch is calling my name and I'm exhausted from work, have a headache, would rather snack or take a nap, I have to make myself lace up my shoes and go for a run. But, once I get out there, I feel amazing. I never regret getting a run in. In fact, the only regrets I have anymore are the days I slip up and eat like crap, or the days I miss a workout.

It's not easy, but they say after 21 days that it becomes a habit. I'm not far from that 21 days. I'm loving the life I'm living. I'm healthier, happier, earning more money and helping people get healthier on a daily basis.

Until just a few short months ago I never would have dreamed that I love helping people get healthy so much. I never realized that this could be something that I could love doing for life. I get told almost daily now that I inspire others to get healthier, that I motivate them, that I have helped them change their life in some way. Nothing is more rewarding than that for me.

What's better, is that I have the tools to help you do exactly what I'm doing. All you have to do is ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment